Monday, September 1, 2014

Identify Me: Mystery Plant

So I was walking to the store with the kids the other day and saw this flower blooming in the neighbor's yard.  I made The Kid run back to the house for my camera.


So cool, right?
But I have no clue what it is.
You guys are smart, so I know at least one of you will know what it is.


The leaves are like a Crocosmia.
The flower is like a tulip and an orchid had a baby.
I noticed the other day that it closes up at night, and then reopens in the morning.




I'd guess bulb, but other than that, no clue.



So, what say ye?
Identify that mystery plant.


Shameless plug alert:  
Just a little reminder that you can purchase my floral photographs in my Etsy shop.
If you see one in a post that isn't in the shop, shoot me an email and I'd be more than happy to list it for ya.
The Dad will thank you for helping to support my plant addiction.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RindyMae

Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like Tigridia pavonia. You can buy bulbs online from the Brent and Becky catalog, but I think they're only available in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a tiger lily???? Man it is a stunner friend!!! Please let us know when you find out and a lovely week to you!!!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! It kinda looks like a dragon fruit ;) So maybe a dragon fruit flower haha..kidding! You take the best flower pics!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover