Monday, October 27, 2014

The Third Week Of October In The Parking Strip

My plan was to post this last week and then it just didn't happen. Better late than never.......


Okay, I have a new favorite plant this week.


'Veitch's Blue' Echinops.
A $2 dollar bulb from the grocery store.
I LOVE it in the garden right now!



It's so pretty next to the yellow Rudbeckia.









Love it.
Speaking of yellow, this Cape Fuchsia, or Phygelius, wins the award for longest bloomer.
It has been going non-stop since late spring.
My lack of deadheading this month hasn't even slowed it down.



I put a silvery, variegated lavender in kinda late this year, and it never really did anything.
I hope it overwinters, 'cause it's a really pretty plant.
It's peeking out behind the Rudbeckia.




The self-planted Aster and 'Autumn Joy' Sedum make the whole strip look like fall.



In the spot where I've always put my Pineapple Sage, I stuck in a new-to-me variety this year.
This one is called, 'Golden Delicious' and it doesn't get as big as the regular one.
I love the color of the leaves, but so far, no flowers.



And last, the grass that I never remember the name of is blooming.
I have two of them down here and I just love it.





I shouldn't say this, 'cause it'll cause me to head out with my camera,  but this is most likely my last yard post of the year.
Unless we get some snow worth photographing, that covers up the mess that is my winter garden.
Awwwwww, so sad to see it all go.
But excited for next spring!


Shameless plug alert:  
Just a little reminder that you can purchase my floral photographs in my Etsy shop.
If you see one in a post that isn't in the shop, shoot me an email and I'd be more than happy to list it for ya.
The Dad will thank you for helping to support my plant addiction.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RindyMae

Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.

2 comments:

  1. Love the strip pal!!! And you are so right...that purple bulb with the yellow Rudbeckia is just fantastic!!! And what is that bright green leafy plant up there??? I put in something that looks a lot like that but I think the name is different...Love how bright it looks paired with the grasses! You did good pal! I hope you are well and that you have a great week! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had a frost yet! You never know what might keep blooming here the next couple of weeks. I still have roses blooming or about to bloom. I noticed that all my hardy fuchsias bloom like crazy until the first frost - I just wish they wouldn't be so slow to get going. The lime green plant looks really good next to your rosemary. I am hoping to get some rosemary in the ground but I was just told it might not winter very well here. I won't know until I give it a try. I hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover