Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Front Yard: 4/24/16

My girlfriend was over doing the garden walk the other day, and insisted I take pictures of the Beauty Bush.  So I did.


It's quite a sight right now from outside the fence.



I got my window box planted.
I never have a plan when it comes to my planters, I just buy what I like, then figure out where everything's gonna go when I get home.
The Pansies and variegated leaf thing are from last year.
I stuck in a peachy colored Diascia, peachy Alyssum, which I had never seen before this year, 'Blackie' Sweet Potato Vine, and blue Lobelia.






I don't know why, but this Loosestrife 'Golden Alexander' has never done anything for me.
It's been in the same spot for several years.
Not enough sun, maybe, but it's coming up thicker than last year, so maybe this is its year.
It's at the very bottom of the photo.
I love the leaves.


I've never been very good at Iris, but these actually look halfway decent this year.



Allium shubertii has managed to survive the dog's wrath.
So far anyway.



I can't say the same for my brand new Hellebore.
This is what's left of it.


WHY?!?!
I stuck in several new things in this area, surrounded them all with sticks, and the massacre still ensued.
I was NOT a happy mama.




Thankfully, she can't reach my hanging pot in the tree.
It got its usual tuberous Begonia.


I'm not very good at Lavender, either, but this one overwintered in a pot, so I stuck it down in the ground.


Last, I can't remember who shared a piece of this with me, if it was you, thank you.
A sweet, sweet, pink Columbine.



That's it for today, folks.



2 comments:

  1. Looking good, Mindy. I am sorry for the hellebore. I lost one too but it wasn't the dog's fault since we don't have a dog. It was "user error." I read about all these people with hellebores that reseed and take over. Me, I kill mine. :) Your beauty bush is outstanding. And I love the little fern on the bottom of your hanging basket. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mindy.... off to a new gardening season of adventures, excitement, and perhaps a touch of disappointments as well.... we are having a good spring with no frosts but the winds keep me out of the gardens many days.... just too cold.... on the other hand, many of the magnolias are lasting much longer than usual.... have a great gardening season... Larry

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover